Please see the WaterNSW website for current algal alerts.
A framework for raw waters used as a source for potable supply is available at Water Quality Research Australia.
The role of DPI Water in algal management is to
- Co-ordinate and support the State Algal Advisory Group
- Provide advice on algal issues and the government strategic direction of algal management and planning in NSW
The State Algal Advisory Group provides the over arching policy advice and framework for the management of fresh water and marine blooms. Membership of the State Algal Advisory Group is made up of the relevant NSW State Agencies, NSW local government and the Murray Darling Basin Authority.
In this section
- Murray River algal management
- Assessment of Socio-economic impacts of Murray River blue-green algae blooms
On this page
- Latest algal alert reports
- Managing algal blooms
- Conferences and reports
- Regional Algal Coordinating Committees
- Regional Algal Coordinating Committees media releases
- Algal blooms: a colourful danger
- NSW Department of Primary Industries
- NSW Food Authority
- NSW Health