The NSW Department of Industry (the department) offers a number of training courses to assist the regional NSW local water utilities (LWUs) in implementing the requirements of the NSW Best-Practice Management of Water Supply and Sewerage Framework (PDF, 23.9 KB) to provide effective and efficient water supply and sewerage services.
The department has aligned the training courses with the National Water Training Package and has an agreement with TAFE NSW for them to issue nationally recognised qualifications and units of competency under the National Training Package (further information on TAFE courses generally can be found www.tafensw.edu.au). These training courses and qualifications are beneficial to LWUs and their staff. Full details can be found in the document Water industry training in non-metropolitan NSW (PDF, 575.83 KB).
Wastewater Treatment Operator
- Part 1 – Wastewater Treatment Operations (5 days)
- Part 2 – Wastewater Advanced Treatment (5 days)
- Wastewater Treatment Update Seminar (2 days)
- Wastewater Treatment - Recognition of Prior Learning Workshop (1 day)
Water Treatment Operator
- Part 1 – Chemical Dosing Systems (5 days)
- Part 2 – Water Treatment Operations (5 days)
- Water Treatment Update Seminar (2 days)
- Water Distribution Systems (2 days)
- Water Treatment for Engineers (3 days)
- Water Treatment – Recognition of Prior Learning Workshop (1 day)
Liquid Trade Waste Regulation
- Overview of Liquid Trade Waste Regulation (2 days)
- Liquid Trade Waste Regulation (5 days)
- Trade Waste Regulation Update Seminar (2 days)
Best-Practice Planning and Pricing
Course calendar 2018
The following conditions and information apply to all the courses:
- Registration: Participants should download a registration form (PDF, 135.15 KB) and submit it by email to email@example.com. The department reserves the right to refuse a registration.
- Confirmation of registration: The department will email confirmation of placement in the course.
- Fees are outlined on the training courses calendar.
- Purchase order numbers are to be provided on the registration form. If no purchase order number is provided the registration form will be deemed to be a purchase order.
- An invoice will be issued in accordance with the purchase order.
- Payment of fees:
- Changes and cancellations: No cancellation fee will apply if request for cancellation is received by email at least two weeks prior to commencement of the course. Changes to registration must be submitted by email at least two weeks prior to commencement of the course. Acceptance of requested changes is subject to the department's discretion.
- Course Termination/Postponement: All courses are subject to minimum participant numbers. While the department will endeavour to run all courses as scheduled, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone any course. If such action is necessary, the department will aim to provide reasonable notice and alternative arrangements for registered participants.
- Course contents: Course contents and/or timetables may vary slightly from posted course outlines.
- Candidates attending the water and wastewater part 1 courses require a minimum of four (4) weeks experience at a treatment works under supervision.
- All candidates require basic maths skills. It can be beneficial to candidates if they have done a basic maths skills course before coming to the course.
- Prerequisite knowledge: As detailed for specific courses.
- Accommodation, meals and travel: Accommodation, meals (unless specified) and travel to and from the course are the responsibility of participants or their employer.
For more information, or to discuss any aspect of training, contact the relevant contact person in the detailed information.