Farm irrigation Central West NSW

The NSW Office of Water is responsible for managing access to water and ensuring water is shared between the environment, towns and cities, and farmers and industry as well as for Aboriginal cultural activities.

If you have a rural property, requirements for a licence (or other approval) from the Office of Water to access water depends on how and why you want to use the water. 

For assistance in calculating how much water you may need for stock, domestic or general farming go to How much water do I need for my rural property? (PDF 197 KB)

A key component of managing access to water is ensuring compliance with water legislation. This is essential to ensure equitable sharing of the resource.

Further information on water licensing is available on this website or you can contact us.